Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My last Oprah

Wednesday Vent:
Can I be pissed at Oprah? Is this allowed? I feel like if she could have just pulled a Bob Barker or Regis Philbin. I would be happier as a person.

Yay great you have your "OWN" network. Thanks for reminding me every single time I watch any NEW episodes. Thanks for only having 2 interesting shows to watch on your new network (In the bedroom with Laura Burman - there are crazy f'ed up people in the world worst then ME! and The Judes - LOVE these two ladies).

What I won't miss about Oprah (B would say everything right now... he wouldn't even let me have it on in the same room as him. He's clearly the drama queen in our family...lol) was her knack for repeating everything someone said like it was the MOST interesting thing anyone has ever said in there life. That drove me crazy. I also hated - what I felt was her phoniness towards certain people.

Today marked the last day i will ever watch a NEW Oprah. Sure there are episodes out there that I have not seen but after the "behind the scenes" (oh yeah I watch that too.) I will be done with The Oprah Winfrey show.

There are lots of things that I love about Oprah. She really does pull at your "heartstrings" she has been a great resource for books when I'm stuck and don't know what to read? I have laughed so hard at some of her guests. Her shows are amazing topic started with friends and in my case, strangers.

There seems like there is so much negativity in our world right now and for me Oprah's show was a way to feel worthy, like I can make a difference and maybe even help brighten or change someone's life.

One of my favourite episodes was about Motherhood and there was a woman on the show who had a blog and she was seriously FUNNY! She talked candidly about her struggles with being a new mom and trying to be a "good" wife and that not every day was a good day. This opened up the doors for woman to talk openly about the struggles in our everyday life, let your guard down and tell the truth is healthy and natural. True friends won't judge you they will support you and some times tell you - they feel the same way.

Oprah.. thank you for 25 wonderful years but I'm pissed you are no longer going to be on the air. I plan on having more children and now you will not be there every day to give me that ONE hour of solitude that I long for in my day.

I hope your billion dollar empire continues to be successful because my dollar empire over here is not looking too good!

No comments:

Post a Comment