Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I LOVE FEDEX!!

This week has been a rough week for E. She lost her Grandma and has been in Winnipeg with her loved ones, away from home, her dog and PD.

If you know me I would do anything for my friends. Even if that meant flying to Winnipeg to support them through difficult times! Unfortunately the flights were much too expensive but I really wanted to do some thing special.

Grandma R. was a true lover of life. She laughed and loved all the way into her 97th year. She was thoughtful and caring and loved her family. She was a big fan of card games, bananagrams, knitting and was a founding member of the Girl Guide programs in Winnipeg. Along with flowers I thought I would send a personal gift of Girl Guide Cookies ( I have been saving them since FEB… it has been upsetting B because he keeps trying to eat them and I keep telling him NO!) a deck of CARDS with the word BRIDGE on them and a beautiful sweater that Grandma R made for Lexi when she was born… it honestly is a family heirloom now. I wrapped them all up and sent them out FedEx to be delivered with my flowers to the flower company (Beyond Flowers).

EXCEPT – I didn’t calculate the time change and also the fact that the delivery truck for the flowers leaves earlier in the morning. I emailed my local Fedex Customer Service Rep – her name is Tammy – or as I would like to call her my little Angel. She went ABOVE AND BEYOND what I would have expected any CSR would do. She contacted Winnipeg, she arranged for it to be re-routed directly to the church so there was no middle man at no charge. She followed up with me every step of the way. She even called me when they were signed for just so I had peace-of-mind.

I’ve worked in the customer service industry for 12 years and can tell you that it takes a lot to impress me. I feel if I get exceptional service it should be recognized. Lucky for me her boss came in to our office today (he was shadowing an employee - Fluke!!) and I was telling him about my experience and I said I’ll do you one better. Give me your email address and I’ll send you a quick note on this WONDERFUL staff member. It went something like this…

“Tammy is a hardworking, dedicated and a kind employee. She made me feel like a valued FedEx customer and handled this situation like it was her own parcel being shipped. FedEx is beyond lucky to have her as part of their team.”

I find as a society we are becoming more and more negative and selfish as time goes on. People feel “entitled” to things instead of earning or working for them. I still believe – treat people how you would like to be treated. Would you like to be yelled at or snipped at or put down… then don’t do it to others. “Please”, “Thank you” and “Sorry” go along way with me.

Take the time to smile at a stranger today; it could change their entire day!

No comments:

Post a Comment