Monday, June 6, 2011

Can you be cool in a Swagger Wagan???

I honestly was not one of those people that were dreading getting a Minivan. I felt they are practical, great for camping and accommodate many people. No big deal… I did however feel less cool in my minivan. Now that I’m getting older I’m not really turning heads anymore. A girl likes to feel good if she has put some effort into her appearance (most days I don’t do anything so I don’t really care) but now with my minivan - no one is even giving me the time of day.

So the other day I had to work late and didn’t finish until 10pm. I got in my car just excited to be out of the office. I started driving home and noticed these two guys in a sedan looking at me. I was thinking “WOW I dressed up today, brushed my hair and put on makeup… good day!! They might be checking me out??” This went on for 2 blocks. We were coming up to a stop light and there was a car in front of me but not in front of them. They stopped well before the line and I ended up driving beside them. I stopped and started playing with my radio pretending not to notice that they were looking in my direction. The passenger motioned to put down my window, so being the smooth operator that I am I pushed the button, smiled and said yes! The driver leaned over the passenger and said… “You need to turn your lights on!”. Wait… did I just hear him correctly??? my lights are on??? I check.. nope they weren't on. I was slightly embarrassed so I quickly said thank you and turned my lights on and drove away as fast as I could.

There were so many things that were going through my head… I should have told them it was a new car and I’m still trying to figure out all the buttons?? Why did I care that these two middle aged guys were “potentially” checking me out? Why do I even care if someone in general would or wouldn’t check me out? My husband still finds me attractive so do I really care what other people think? The honest answer to this question is yes! Whether it is other mom’s at the grocery store or a random stranger in there car driving beside me - if I have done myself up that day I would hope that someone would notice (especially my husband) because really I could wear my sweat pants, tank top, flip flops, throw my hair in a pony tail and wear no makeup all day long if I didn't have to work.

Heres hoping someone notices you today!

2 comments:

  1. love it.. too cute.. Hey girl I am giving you a blogger award! check out my blog (but you better already know this since you never miss a post ha ha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh out loud!!! I feel like I could have written it! I always put that extra effort into the way I look, and I always make sure I'm "done up" for my hubby when he gets home.. I'm sure he notices, but he never says anything..
    And really it would be nice if once,,, just once those guys in the car were actually checking us out and not trying to tell us something!! Been there girl, you're not alone!!!

    ReplyDelete